Do you like crystal designs on t-shirts, totes, or on pants? It seems that bling is everywhere. Some crystals can make a plan t-shirt look like a designer t-shirt. And, it is EASY… You can put the crystal wand in the closet; you won’t need it anyone with the Artistic Crystal Software and Cameo Silhouette cutter. Create a crystal design from a clipart, add crystals to an embroidery design, or use your fonts to create designs with team names, bridal party accessories, birthday t-shirts. You are limited only by your imagination.
The Artistic Crystal System is on display at Humble Sewing Center. Stop by the store to see a demo and some samples that we have created. Check out the shirts that I did this weekend.
To create the crystal cross template:
- Draw a cross on paper and scan it.
- Open the Artistic Crystal software with the image as a backdrop
- Using your mouse, place the crystals around the cross in the desired pattern.
- Save the design.
- Turn on the Cameo Silhouette and load the template material.
- Export it to the Cameo Silhouette and cut.
- When the cutting is complete, unload the template material and pull it off the mat.
- Place the template on the backing board.
- Place the template in a tray and pour crystals on top of it.
- Using a trim and touch up pad from the starter kit, move the crystals on the template in a back and forth motion. The crystals will fall into the holes.
- Turn any upside down crystals over with the silhouette tools included with the cutter.
- Cut a piece of transfer tape to the size of the template. Separate the sticky top from the bottom.
- Place the clear tape on top of the template. Press it with your fingers so the crystal stick to the transfer tape.
- Pull the transfer tape off of the template and place the bottom on it.
- When ready to iron on the transfer, pull the bottom off of the transfer tape.
- Place the crystals on the t-shirt in the proper position.
- Place a pressing cloth on top of the transfer tape, hold a hot, dry iron on top. Hold in place for 30-40 seconds. Remove iron and pressing cloth. Lift transfer tape carefully. It will be hot. If crystals do not stay on the shirt, replace pressing cloth and iron. Hold in place a little longer.
- Lift transfer tape. Crystals should remain on shirt. Place the pressing cloth on top again and hold the iron for 10-15 seconds for one last shot of heat to secure the crystals.
You are finished. Save the template. You can use it whenever you want to use that design. You reuse the transfer tape as long as it remains sticky.