Embroidery club at Humble Sewing Center will be on Tuesday, June 19 at 5:30. This month our project will be a Trapunto Pillow.
- Monofilament Thread
- 1 spool all purpose sewing thread
- Embroidery thread to coordinate with design
- No show mesh for 4 hoopings
- 1 yd. muslin
- ½ yard warm and natural batting
- 1 yd. decorative trims
- ½ yard accent fabric D
- ¼ yard accent fabric C
- ¼ yard accent fabric B
- ¼ yard accent fabric A
- 5×7, 6×10 or 8×12 hoop.
From Your Sewing Room
- Embroidery Machine, power cord and foot pedal
- Embroidery Hoop (make sure you bring the correct hoop size!)
- Anita Goodesign Trapunto Pillow PROJECTS CD
- Sewing Machine Feet: Embroidery Foot, Regular Sewing Foot, Open Toe Foot, Walking Foot
- Rotary Cutter & Mat
- Marking Pen
- Seam Ripper
- Twin Needle, size 80/12
- Embroidery Needle, size 75/11
- Universal Needle, size 80/12
This traditional technique adds a dimensional “puffy” quality to your quilt blocks. Using your embroidery machine and treating your batting as an applique, you can achieve the Trapunto effect in less than half the time. This Pillow uses 4 of the blocks from this design pack. There are 12 design blocks and 1 transition block in this pack. These blocks are compatible with our Mix and Match Quilting Collection. These samples use Rouenneries Deuz by French General for Moda Fabrics.
We will probably not be have enough time to finish the pillow at Embroidery Club, but we will embroider as many blocks as time permits. And, we will discuss how to assemble your pillow so that you can do it at home.
I look forward to spending a fun evening with you doing embroidery.