“Fun with Fling”
Where: Humble Sewing Center/SewVac Outlet
Class Project: Create an In-the-Hoop Design for Baby Bib or Blanket (Suitable for Beginner +)
Teacher: Ann Schmidt
Cost: $30 pre-paid at SewVac
- In this class you will create a design suitable for a baby’s bib or blanket. We will:
- Use text and skew the letters for a cute look (I’ve used two text styles new with the latest Floriani update);
- Add two buttonholes (What for? Come and find out);
- Select an outline design provided by the software, resize and add stitches.
- Copy, paste, create multiple images and sizes all with the push of one button. Which is why we use a hoop while digitizing so that we can ‘corral’ them. Then we’ll place them where we want them, resize as desired, change colors. This is a hoot! (Not to mention a nice repetitive process for newbies to learn from.)
- Finally, we’ll discuss stabilizers to use to achieve a nice sew out.