Class Name : Babylock –Ellisimo Inspiration Class
Date: January 31, 2012
Babylock (Esante, Ellageo, Ellegante) owners 2:00-3:30 or 5:30-7:00
Ellisimo owners 2:00 – 4:00 or 5:30-7:30
This month you will create samples of bobbin work both by sewing and with embroidery.
Decorative threads for bobbin work
- Sulky 12 weight cotton
- Perle crown rayon
- Designer 6
- Embroidery floss
- Babylock Sewing/Embroidery Machine (Esante, Ellageo, Ellegante, or Ellisimo)
- Fabric (samples to be used for sewing bobbin work stitches and for embroidery hoop to embroidery bobbin work). You can just make samples for future reference or use them for a project. Bring at least 5 pieces of fabric.
- Faux suede
- Other woven fabrics
- Stabilizer – tearaway
- Bobbin Work bobbin case
- Tablet and Pen for On screen designer.
- On screen designer program on a USB stick.
- Fabric to embroider what you digitize.
This class is for owners of the Babylock Symphony, Esante, Ellageo, or Ellegante. The Babylock Inspiration class will be on Wednesday, November 16 at 10:30. This month we will discuss the Quilting features on your Babylock. I will have instructions to make a quilted placemat. You will piece the blocks, sew them together, add the batting, backing, and quilt the placemat. I understand that some of you are already experienced quilters. The goal of the class is not to teach you to quilt since that is not my expertise, but to explain the quilting features of your Babylock, how to use them, and what feet to use.
Topics to be discussed are:
- ¼” inch piecing
- Crazy Patch piecing
- Channel or Cartridge Quilting
- Grid or Diamond Quilting
- Outline Quilting
- Stitch in the Ditch
- Free Motion Quilting
- Hand Look Quilting
- Serpentine Quilting
- Stippling – Machine
- Stippling – Free Motion
- Thread Painting
- Cotton Quilt Fabrics scraps (enough to make 12- 6×6 blocks) (can be all muslin) This is for practice and trying various stitches.
- Backing – same amount as for the top (can be all muslin)
- Batting enough for about 12 6×6 blocks)
- Placemat Supplies
- 24”x24” fabric
- 12”x24” coordinating fabric
- 12 ½” x 20 ½” batting
- Straight Pins
- Pencil or Chalk Marker
- 4 ½” square template
- ¼” piecing foot or ¼” piecing foot with guide
- “J” foot
- Open toe foot or “N” foot
- Walking Foot with Quilting Bar
- Edge Joining Foot
- Adjustable Blind Hem Foot
- Free Motion Echo Foot
- Free Motion Quilting Foot “C” or Free Motion Quilting foot “O”
- Straight Stitch plate