Hi, the days are getting closer to Christmas with only 5 days left, there is still some time to make a holiday gift. Here is a simple holiday gift that you can make in a couple of hours.
I’ve finally finished 3 of these pillows for Christmas gifts. The pillow form is 18″ x 18″. The pillow front and back is to 18 1/4″ x 18 1/4″. I used a 1/2 seam allowance for construction of the pillow and a 1/4″ seam allowance for the piecing of the front and back blocks.
- ho – 8 1/2″ x 9 3/4″
- HO – 4 3/4 x 9 3/4″
- H Ornament – 5 x 9 3/4″
Top Row (reverse the fabrics for the bottom row)
- Fabric A – 4 3/4 x 9 3/4
- Fabric B – 4 3/4 x 8 1/2″
- Fabric 18 1/4″ x 18 1/4″ or alternately piece fabric to create that size block.
- Embroider designs in each section of the pillow.
- Sew the blocks together so that each row is 18 1/4″ long.
- Sew the rows together using a 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Trim Pillow front to 18 1/4″ x 18 1/4″.
- With right sides together (pillow front & back) and using a 1/2” seam allowance, the bottom of the pillow only.
- Lay the pillow flat with right side down so that the seam is in the center.
- Place a 14″ zipper on top of the seam allowance.
- Pin on one side. Using a zipper foot, sew the zipper in place. Sew down one side of the zipper, turn and sew across the bottom of the zipper, then up the other side and across the top of the zipper. Stitch across the top and bottom of the zipper again.
- Turn to the right side. Using a seam ripper, open the seam on top of the zipper.
- Move the zipper pull towards the center.
- With right sides together, sew the sides and top of the pillow together using a 1/2″ seam allowance.
- Trim the corners and turn right side out.
- Insert the pillow form.