Hi, the days are getting closer to Christmas with only 5 days left, there is still some time to make a holiday gift. Here is a simple holiday gift that you can make in a couple of hours.
I’ve finally finished 3 of these pillows for Christmas gifts. The pillow form is 18″ x 18″. The pillow front and back is to 18 1/4″ x 18 1/4″. I used a 1/2 seam allowance for construction of the pillow and a 1/4″ seam allowance for the piecing of the front and back blocks.
- ho – 8 1/2″ x 9 3/4″
- HO – 4 3/4 x 9 3/4″
- H Ornament – 5 x 9 3/4″
Top Row (reverse the fabrics for the bottom row)
- Fabric A – 4 3/4 x 9 3/4
- Fabric B – 4 3/4 x 8 1/2″
- Fabric 18 1/4″ x 18 1/4″ or alternately piece fabric to create that size block.
- Embroider designs in each section of the pillow.
- Sew the blocks together so that each row is 18 1/4″ long.
- Sew the rows together using a 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Trim Pillow front to 18 1/4″ x 18 1/4″.
- With right sides together (pillow front & back) and using a 1/2” seam allowance, the bottom of the pillow only.
- Lay the pillow flat with right side down so that the seam is in the center.
- Place a 14″ zipper on top of the seam allowance.
- Pin on one side. Using a zipper foot, sew the zipper in place. Sew down one side of the zipper, turn and sew across the bottom of the zipper, then up the other side and across the top of the zipper. Stitch across the top and bottom of the zipper again.
- Turn to the right side. Using a seam ripper, open the seam on top of the zipper.
- Move the zipper pull towards the center.
- With right sides together, sew the sides and top of the pillow together using a 1/2″ seam allowance.
- Trim the corners and turn right side out.
- Insert the pillow form.
Click here to download the Embroidery Designs used in this project.
I hope everybody is having a GREAT summer!
I know that I am!
If you haven’t made it yet to our monthly Embroidery Club/Anita Goodesign Workshop, here’s an invitation to come and join in on the FUN!
One of our wonderful attendees allowed me to photograph her latest accomplishments from our latest meetings and let me tell you, we are proud of her work!
Take a look at what workshop attendee, Leda Cunningham, has been up to at our monthly club meetings:
April – Holiday Pot Holder
May – Quilted Place Mat
June – Roll It Up Tote!
Leda added decorative trim to her pocket!
We recently had a customer appreciation event for our Ellisimo owners and this is what they made: Notice, Leda decided to personalize her project with her initial. What a lovely project!!!!
Thank you Leda for sharing your projects with us!
Stay tuned for more news from our blog. In September, I get to be a part of Nancy Zieman’s upcoming blog tour featuring her latest book. Be sure to take a look at what I get to make! I’m SEW excited for you to see!
Have a great day!
Jenny Gabriel alter ego: StitchinJenny
Embroidery Club is back at Humble Sewing Center with a new day and time, Saturday, January 19 from 10-12:30 PM. Fee $10
In January the project is to embroider Cup Cake Koozie. Before we start the project, I will demo how easy it is to add a special message to your Koozie with Designer’s Gallery Embroidery Works. In addition, I will show how to use the Artistic Crystal software to add bling to your embroidery, making the Koozie even better.
A 6×10 hoop is required for the project. If you don’t have an embroidery machine and are interested in purchasing one stop by Humble Sewing Center. We carry Babylock, Janome, Elna, and Husqvarna Viking sewing and embroidery machines. I=
Cupcakes are the new go-to dessert for any party and these Cupcake Cozies will allow you to decorate for any occasion! These quick and easy cozies are done in the hoop with only one seam needed to finish the project. Use a variety of colors to match any theme party or create a set for the friend that has everything. With 20 designs to choose from, you can have a party every month of the year!
- 6 x 10 hoop or Larger
- 1/4 yd fabric A
- 1/8 yd fusible fleece
- water soluble stabilizer
- embroidery thread to coordinate with design
Fabric A – cotton, batik, silk dupioni or any medium-weight fabric
From Your Sewing Room:
- Embroidery Machine, power cord and foot pedal
- Embroidery Hoop 6×10 or larger hoop.
- PROJECTS CD
- Sewing Machine Feet: Embroidery Foot
Notions: Scissors, Ruler, Tape, Embroidery Needle, size 75/11, Universal Needle, size 80/12