Today’s post is one of True Confessions. True confessions about things I buy and then take forever to get around to using.
I bought this design package at the BabyLock event that Humble Sewing Center hosted last April. What a fun event! Nancy Zieman came to town and this was one of the items she showcased during her presentation. Well, I just had to have it!
So, my confession is that it is now the end of November and today is the first time I even opened the package. But, I am happy to say that not only did I open it, I actually used it, too!
This design package is loaded with all the needed designs, step by step instructions and a 30min video tutorial. (If you’d like your own copy, Humble Sewing Center can order this item for you.)
I’m posting a short video demo here, but before that I have just a few pictures to share!
My Shirt Before
My Shirt After!
Close-Up of Shirt Using the Placket Option
This project was so fun and VERY easy! I plan to make more of these and use the other design options.
Here’s a short video demo from our favorite seamster: Nancy Zieman!
ATTENTION: The contest for the freebies is almost over. Click here to get in on some goodies! Gift Give-Away
Let’s get sewing!
Jenny Gabriel – alter ego: StitchinJenny
Babylock and Husqvarna Viking offer an adjustable bias binding foot.
Attach 1/4” to 3/4” wide bias binding in place with either straight or decorative stitches using this adjustable foot. This is the foot for attaching pre-packaged and pre-pressed binding. It’s capable of handling a variety of binding widths and decorative stitches.
The adjustable bias binder is a clear plastic foot with a screw and markings on the foot that allow for the adjustment of the width of the finished binding. The width of the finished binding is determined and the foot is adjusted to achieve the desired width.
MACHINE SETTINGS Stitch: Straight, zigzag or all forward decorative stitches Stitch length: Pre-set Stitch width: Pre-set Tension: Pre-set
The Baby Lock Adjustable Bias Binder Foot is a useful foot whether you are a beginner or an experienced sewer. When using the Adjustable Bias Binder Foot you are able to use various widths of bias binding. Then, use either straight or decorative stitches to sew the binding in place.
1. Thread with sewing thread on top and in the bobbin.
2. Snap on the Adjustable Bias Binder.
3. Use the screw on the right side of the bracket to adjust the width of the opening to fit the bias tape.
4. Cut the end of the bias tape to a 45 degree angle. Insert the bias tape from the outside of the bracket, into the slot that matches its width, and pull it down under the foot.
5. Place the edge to be bound into the groove on the left side of the bracket.
6. Loosen the screw on the top, in the back of the foot and adjust the bracket as needed.
7. Select a narrow zigzag, a straight stitch or a decorative stitch. Sew slowly, keeping the fabric to be bound, snugly in the groove as you sew.
Use the Adjustable Bias Binder Foot when applying bias to vests, placemats, wall hangings, baby bibs or many other things.
Babylock Bias Binder Foot (Adjustable) (ESG-ABB).
Husqvarna Viking Adjustable Bias Binder Foot (412 98 50-45)